Top-class line up for TMS webinar
(Posted on 30/06/20)
The Maritime Standard has assembled an exceptionally high-quality panel for its next Webinar in the series Covid-19: A Leadership Perspective, which takes place on Wednesday, July 8th at 12:30 pm UAE time.
The Webinar series, which has proved highly successful, drawing in a global attendance of up to 1000 people, will on this occasion focus specifically on the financial issues facing the shipping industry as a result of the pandemic.
Collectively and individually the panellists will share their experiences around the impact of COVID-19 on the shipping industry’s financial situation, and its access to ship finance. They will discuss the key issues that have arisen, initiatives that have been implemented, lessons that have been learned, problems on the horizon and possible solutions for the future.
It is expected that a wide range of topics will be covered during the two hour Webinar, highlighting for example the key concerns of lenders and borrowers, the impact of the pandemic on shipping company finances, the future of ship finance and the importance of international collaboration. Technical and legal issues such as closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel, will also feature.
Other topics proposed for discussion include:
- The key concerns of lenders and borrowers
- Forging cooperation between stakeholders
- Supporting companies in temporary difficulty
- Regulatory concerns
- Charter party issues
- Default avoidance
- The implications of debt trading
- The importance of international collaboration
- Identifying key financial trigger points
- Closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, Green Dome Investments; former Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for Economic & Trade Affairs, UAE and former Group CEO, DP World
- Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta; President, Capital Partners and former Deputy Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Greece
- Sanjay Mehta, Chairman, S One Capital
- Mrs. H.K. Joshi, Chairperson & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India
- Nitin Mehta, CEO, Tomini Shipping
- Chris Peters, CEO, Tristar-Eships
Overall, the Webinar is expected to last around two hours, with the second half given over exclusively to the Question Hour during which panelists field questions raised by attendees.
Free registrations are on a first come first serve basis: contact Ammaar Murtaza Moosa. Mobile: +971 55 245 4466 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping season on the Great Lakes closed on 8th January and at the combined ports of Hamilton and Oshawa... Read more
The total throughput of Port of Antwerp in 2020 amounted to 231 million metric tonnes of cargo, a fall... Read more
The Great Lakes Towing Company has named two new tugs, the Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, at the Cleveland... Read more
David Ryan, Chairman of the New Orleans based Mississippi Valley Trade and Transport Council (MVTTC),... Read more
The Port of Gdansk has announced that key projects within the largest investment programme in its history... Read more
Abu Dhabi Ports have announced a freeze on rent escalation during 2021 for all businesses in its Industrial... Read more
Flying the flag of the Netherlands, the M/V Erasmusgracht arriving from Lake Charles, Louisiana, was... Read more
The announced acquisition by Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) of 50.01 percent of the multi-function... Read more
The Port of Le Havre’s Supervisory Board has awarded a concession for the construction and operation... Read more
The Federal Kushiro is the first vessel to call the Port of Trois-Rivières in 2021. It docked... Read more