- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
Top-class line up for TMS webinar
(Posted on 30/06/20)
The Maritime Standard has assembled an exceptionally high-quality panel for its next Webinar in the series Covid-19: A Leadership Perspective, which takes place on Wednesday, July 8th at 12:30 pm UAE time.
The Webinar series, which has proved highly successful, drawing in a global attendance of up to 1000 people, will on this occasion focus specifically on the financial issues facing the shipping industry as a result of the pandemic.
Collectively and individually the panellists will share their experiences around the impact of COVID-19 on the shipping industry’s financial situation, and its access to ship finance. They will discuss the key issues that have arisen, initiatives that have been implemented, lessons that have been learned, problems on the horizon and possible solutions for the future.
It is expected that a wide range of topics will be covered during the two hour Webinar, highlighting for example the key concerns of lenders and borrowers, the impact of the pandemic on shipping company finances, the future of ship finance and the importance of international collaboration. Technical and legal issues such as closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel, will also feature.
Other topics proposed for discussion include:
- The key concerns of lenders and borrowers
- Forging cooperation between stakeholders
- Supporting companies in temporary difficulty
- Regulatory concerns
- Charter party issues
- Default avoidance
- The implications of debt trading
- The importance of international collaboration
- Identifying key financial trigger points
- Closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, Green Dome Investments; former Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for Economic & Trade Affairs, UAE and former Group CEO, DP World
- Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta; President, Capital Partners and former Deputy Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Greece
- Sanjay Mehta, Chairman, S One Capital
- Mrs. H.K. Joshi, Chairperson & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India
- Nitin Mehta, CEO, Tomini Shipping
- Chris Peters, CEO, Tristar-Eships
Overall, the Webinar is expected to last around two hours, with the second half given over exclusively to the Question Hour during which panelists field questions raised by attendees.
Free registrations are on a first come first serve basis: contact Ammaar Murtaza Moosa. Mobile: +971 55 245 4466 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This coming week, Rijkswaterstaat will see the start of preparatory work to remove contaminated dredged... Read more
Associated British Ports (ABP) is investing £8 million to build a bespoke warehouse for valued... Read more
Port Milwaukee has announced a new long term lease arrangement with Perch Point, a limited liability... Read more
SOHAR Port and Freezone, in collaboration with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry... Read more
Associated British Ports (ABP), the UK’s leading ports group, has published its Annual Review... Read more
In a year when the Port of Port Hedland welcomed its first LNG-fuelled bulk carrier, the Panama-flagged... Read more
Research and production corporation, United Wagon Company, Russia's largest manufacturer of freight... Read more
CN and Kansas City Southern have outlined how the proposed combination of CN and KCS will preserve and... Read more
Associated British Ports (ABP) has welcomed the first of five new pilot launch vessels to the UK&rsquo... Read more
EuroChem and Research and production Corporation, United Wagon Company, Russia's largest manufacturer... Read more