Top-class line up for TMS webinar
(Posted on 30/06/20)
The Maritime Standard has assembled an exceptionally high-quality panel for its next Webinar in the series Covid-19: A Leadership Perspective, which takes place on Wednesday, July 8th at 12:30 pm UAE time.
The Webinar series, which has proved highly successful, drawing in a global attendance of up to 1000 people, will on this occasion focus specifically on the financial issues facing the shipping industry as a result of the pandemic.
Collectively and individually the panellists will share their experiences around the impact of COVID-19 on the shipping industry’s financial situation, and its access to ship finance. They will discuss the key issues that have arisen, initiatives that have been implemented, lessons that have been learned, problems on the horizon and possible solutions for the future.
It is expected that a wide range of topics will be covered during the two hour Webinar, highlighting for example the key concerns of lenders and borrowers, the impact of the pandemic on shipping company finances, the future of ship finance and the importance of international collaboration. Technical and legal issues such as closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel, will also feature.
Other topics proposed for discussion include:
- The key concerns of lenders and borrowers
- Forging cooperation between stakeholders
- Supporting companies in temporary difficulty
- Regulatory concerns
- Charter party issues
- Default avoidance
- The implications of debt trading
- The importance of international collaboration
- Identifying key financial trigger points
- Closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, Green Dome Investments; former Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for Economic & Trade Affairs, UAE and former Group CEO, DP World
- Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta; President, Capital Partners and former Deputy Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Greece
- Sanjay Mehta, Chairman, S One Capital
- Mrs. H.K. Joshi, Chairperson & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India
- Nitin Mehta, CEO, Tomini Shipping
- Chris Peters, CEO, Tristar-Eships
Overall, the Webinar is expected to last around two hours, with the second half given over exclusively to the Question Hour during which panelists field questions raised by attendees.
Free registrations are on a first come first serve basis: contact Ammaar Murtaza Moosa. Mobile: +971 55 245 4466 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadly spread of COVID-19, and the economic and trade disruption the pandemic has caused, is prompting... Read more
The Federal Transport Authority (FTA) - Land & Maritime has signed a Memorandum of Understanding... Read more
Port of Antwerp and the Gent area of the North Sea Port are aiming to further digitalise inland waterways... Read more
The Dutch seaports of Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Terneuzen/Vlissingen, Moerdijk, and Groningen have jointly... Read more
HOPA Ports and Max Aicher North America (MANA) have announced an agreement to cooperate on the future... Read more
Navis, a part of Cargotec Corporation, and the provider of operational technologies and services that... Read more
The Trois-Rivières Port Authority (TRPA) has held its annual general assembly, which was an opportunity... Read more
Paul Goris, Executive Director of the Dry Bulk Terminals Group, has successfully moderated a webinar... Read more
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is only just beginning to be revealed in figures, but there are... Read more
CN Rail has announced that it moved over 2.52 million metric tonnes (MMT) of western Canadian grain,... Read more