- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
Top-class line up for TMS webinar
(Posted on 30/06/20)
The Maritime Standard has assembled an exceptionally high-quality panel for its next Webinar in the series Covid-19: A Leadership Perspective, which takes place on Wednesday, July 8th at 12:30 pm UAE time.
The Webinar series, which has proved highly successful, drawing in a global attendance of up to 1000 people, will on this occasion focus specifically on the financial issues facing the shipping industry as a result of the pandemic.
Collectively and individually the panellists will share their experiences around the impact of COVID-19 on the shipping industry’s financial situation, and its access to ship finance. They will discuss the key issues that have arisen, initiatives that have been implemented, lessons that have been learned, problems on the horizon and possible solutions for the future.
It is expected that a wide range of topics will be covered during the two hour Webinar, highlighting for example the key concerns of lenders and borrowers, the impact of the pandemic on shipping company finances, the future of ship finance and the importance of international collaboration. Technical and legal issues such as closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel, will also feature.
Other topics proposed for discussion include:
- The key concerns of lenders and borrowers
- Forging cooperation between stakeholders
- Supporting companies in temporary difficulty
- Regulatory concerns
- Charter party issues
- Default avoidance
- The implications of debt trading
- The importance of international collaboration
- Identifying key financial trigger points
- Closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, Green Dome Investments; former Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for Economic & Trade Affairs, UAE and former Group CEO, DP World
- Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta; President, Capital Partners and former Deputy Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Greece
- Sanjay Mehta, Chairman, S One Capital
- Mrs. H.K. Joshi, Chairperson & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India
- Nitin Mehta, CEO, Tomini Shipping
- Chris Peters, CEO, Tristar-Eships
Overall, the Webinar is expected to last around two hours, with the second half given over exclusively to the Question Hour during which panelists field questions raised by attendees.
Free registrations are on a first come first serve basis: contact Ammaar Murtaza Moosa. Mobile: +971 55 245 4466 Email: email@example.com
The first spade has gone into the ground for the new 800-metre-long quay at Quarleshaven in East Vlissingen... Read more
AD Ports Group and the Red Sea Ports Authority have signed a Term Sheet and a Head of Terms agreement... Read more
In the first quarter of 2022, 1.5% less freight passed through the Port of Rotterdam than in the same... Read more
The total throughput of Port of Antwerp amounted to 58.3 million metric tonnes in the first quarter,... Read more
Sea freight cargo traffic at North Sea Port increased by more than 6% during Q1 2022. The consequences... Read more
In collaboration with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Foreign Trade Zone Board, the Port... Read more
The entire share capital of Hangö Stevedoring has been transferred to Euroports Finland on 31.3... Read more
Etihad Rail, the developer and operator of the UAE’s National Rail network, and Dubai Industrial... Read more
AD Ports Group has announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understand (MoU) with the Kuwait General... Read more
Logistec Corporation has announced its financial results for the year ended December 31, 2021.Logistec... Read more