- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
Top-class line up for TMS webinar
(Posted on 30/06/20)
The Maritime Standard has assembled an exceptionally high-quality panel for its next Webinar in the series Covid-19: A Leadership Perspective, which takes place on Wednesday, July 8th at 12:30 pm UAE time.
The Webinar series, which has proved highly successful, drawing in a global attendance of up to 1000 people, will on this occasion focus specifically on the financial issues facing the shipping industry as a result of the pandemic.
Collectively and individually the panellists will share their experiences around the impact of COVID-19 on the shipping industry’s financial situation, and its access to ship finance. They will discuss the key issues that have arisen, initiatives that have been implemented, lessons that have been learned, problems on the horizon and possible solutions for the future.
It is expected that a wide range of topics will be covered during the two hour Webinar, highlighting for example the key concerns of lenders and borrowers, the impact of the pandemic on shipping company finances, the future of ship finance and the importance of international collaboration. Technical and legal issues such as closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel, will also feature.
Other topics proposed for discussion include:
- The key concerns of lenders and borrowers
- Forging cooperation between stakeholders
- Supporting companies in temporary difficulty
- Regulatory concerns
- Charter party issues
- Default avoidance
- The implications of debt trading
- The importance of international collaboration
- Identifying key financial trigger points
- Closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, Green Dome Investments; former Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for Economic & Trade Affairs, UAE and former Group CEO, DP World
- Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta; President, Capital Partners and former Deputy Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Greece
- Sanjay Mehta, Chairman, S One Capital
- Mrs. H.K. Joshi, Chairperson & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India
- Nitin Mehta, CEO, Tomini Shipping
- Chris Peters, CEO, Tristar-Eships
Overall, the Webinar is expected to last around two hours, with the second half given over exclusively to the Question Hour during which panelists field questions raised by attendees.
Free registrations are on a first come first serve basis: contact Ammaar Murtaza Moosa. Mobile: +971 55 245 4466 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the presence of Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, AD Ports Group, a... Read more
Lhyfe, a global pioneer in the production of renewable green hydrogen for transportation and industrial... Read more
A 194 million euro investment in North Sea Port will secure large-scale CO2 reduction by the largest... Read more
The Central Association of German Seaport Operators (ZDS) has called for a decisive German port policy... Read more
A groundbreaking feasibility study has highlighted the potential for using clean ammonia to refuel ships... Read more
IAPH has announced the ratification by the IAPH Council of the new IAPH Board. The Board is formed by... Read more
CN has announced that it acquired from Genesee & Wyoming Inc., a stake in the Cape Breton &... Read more
Due to continued very high inflation, the Hamburg Port Authority (HPA) will raise port fees by an average... Read more
The UK’s leading ports group, Associated British Ports (ABP), has appointed Jeff Gibb as Lead... Read more
In the first nine months of 2023, there was 6% less throughput in the port of Rotterdam: 329.9 million... Read more