- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
Top-class line up for TMS webinar
(Posted on 30/06/20)
The Maritime Standard has assembled an exceptionally high-quality panel for its next Webinar in the series Covid-19: A Leadership Perspective, which takes place on Wednesday, July 8th at 12:30 pm UAE time.
The Webinar series, which has proved highly successful, drawing in a global attendance of up to 1000 people, will on this occasion focus specifically on the financial issues facing the shipping industry as a result of the pandemic.
Collectively and individually the panellists will share their experiences around the impact of COVID-19 on the shipping industry’s financial situation, and its access to ship finance. They will discuss the key issues that have arisen, initiatives that have been implemented, lessons that have been learned, problems on the horizon and possible solutions for the future.
It is expected that a wide range of topics will be covered during the two hour Webinar, highlighting for example the key concerns of lenders and borrowers, the impact of the pandemic on shipping company finances, the future of ship finance and the importance of international collaboration. Technical and legal issues such as closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel, will also feature.
Other topics proposed for discussion include:
- The key concerns of lenders and borrowers
- Forging cooperation between stakeholders
- Supporting companies in temporary difficulty
- Regulatory concerns
- Charter party issues
- Default avoidance
- The implications of debt trading
- The importance of international collaboration
- Identifying key financial trigger points
- Closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, Green Dome Investments; former Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for Economic & Trade Affairs, UAE and former Group CEO, DP World
- Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta; President, Capital Partners and former Deputy Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Greece
- Sanjay Mehta, Chairman, S One Capital
- Mrs. H.K. Joshi, Chairperson & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India
- Nitin Mehta, CEO, Tomini Shipping
- Chris Peters, CEO, Tristar-Eships
Overall, the Webinar is expected to last around two hours, with the second half given over exclusively to the Question Hour during which panelists field questions raised by attendees.
Free registrations are on a first come first serve basis: contact Ammaar Murtaza Moosa. Mobile: +971 55 245 4466 Email: email@example.com
Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd. (APSEZ), India’s largest private Ports &... Read more
Daniel Deschodt, Interim Chairman of the Executive Board of Dunkerque-Port, has officially handed over... Read more
His Highness Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, UAE Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah,... Read more
Federal Marine Terminals, Inc. (FMT) has signed an operating agreement with Port Itawamba, increasing... Read more
Two of the UK’s leading waste to energy companies – Low Carbon Ltd and PMAC Energy &ndash... Read more
Peel Ports is the first Port group in the United Kingdom to take delivery of an autonomous unmanned... Read more
The Port of Rotterdam Authority and Gasunie are working together on the development of a new hydrogen... Read more
Associated British Ports (ABP), the UK’s leading and best-connected port operator, has celebrated... Read more
The Port of Vancouver USA is reporting a record-breaking year in 2020, with the highest returns in its... Read more
Three Teesside family firms have worked together to secure a post Brexit shipping deal, keeping business... Read more