- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
BHP’s operational review
(Posted on 18/04/19)
BHP has released its operational review for the nine moinths ended 31st March
BHP Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Mackenzie, said: “During the March 2019 quarter, we had a strong operational performance despite weather impacts across Australia and Chile. We approved Atlantis Phase 3 and now have five major projects under development. Those projects, our work on transformation, technology and culture, and our successful petroleum and copper exploration and appraisal programs will grow value and returns for years to come.”
- Production guidance for the 2019 financial year remains unchanged for petroleum, copper, metallurgical coal and energy coal. Iron ore production guidance decreased to between 265 and 270 Mt (100% basis), reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica.
- Group copper equivalent production(1) was broadly unchanged over the nine months ended March 2019, with volumes for the full year also expected to be in line with last year.
- Full year unit costs for Petroleum, Escondida and Queensland Coal are expected to be in line with guidance(2) . Unit costs for Western Australia Iron Ore are now expected to be below US$15 per tonne(2) , reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica. Unit costs for New South Wales Energy Coal are now expected to be approximately US$51 per tonne(2) , following changes to the mine plan.
- All major projects under development are tracking to plan.
- In Petroleum, the Atlantis Phase 3 project in the US Gulf of Mexico was approved and the Bélé-1 exploration well in Trinidad and Tobago encountered hydrocarbons (drilling still in progress) during the quarter.
Trafigura Group Pte Ltd., a market leader in the global commodities industry, has made a new commitment... Read more
BHP CEO Mike Henry has led the opening of Spence's new copper concentrator plant.The project required... Read more
Schenck Process, a global company for sustainable, integrated measuring and process technology solutions... Read more
BHP has completed the sale of its 80 per cent interest in BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC) to Stanmore SMC Holdings... Read more
The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) in the USA has testified before the Surface Transportation... Read more
Rio Tinto has released its first quarter production results. Chief Executive Jakob Stausholm, said: &... Read more
A report by the University of Queensland and the University of Geneva indicates that sand from iron... Read more
FEFAC and ITC have announced that five more schemes offering responsible soy products to the European... Read more
The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) in the USA has urged Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack... Read more
Rio Tinto has completed the acquisition of the Rincon lithium projectin Argentina for $825 million,... Read more