BHP’s operational review
(Posted on 18/04/19)
BHP has released its operational review for the nine moinths ended 31st March
BHP Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Mackenzie, said: “During the March 2019 quarter, we had a strong operational performance despite weather impacts across Australia and Chile. We approved Atlantis Phase 3 and now have five major projects under development. Those projects, our work on transformation, technology and culture, and our successful petroleum and copper exploration and appraisal programs will grow value and returns for years to come.”
- Production guidance for the 2019 financial year remains unchanged for petroleum, copper, metallurgical coal and energy coal. Iron ore production guidance decreased to between 265 and 270 Mt (100% basis), reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica.
- Group copper equivalent production(1) was broadly unchanged over the nine months ended March 2019, with volumes for the full year also expected to be in line with last year.
- Full year unit costs for Petroleum, Escondida and Queensland Coal are expected to be in line with guidance(2) . Unit costs for Western Australia Iron Ore are now expected to be below US$15 per tonne(2) , reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica. Unit costs for New South Wales Energy Coal are now expected to be approximately US$51 per tonne(2) , following changes to the mine plan.
- All major projects under development are tracking to plan.
- In Petroleum, the Atlantis Phase 3 project in the US Gulf of Mexico was approved and the Bélé-1 exploration well in Trinidad and Tobago encountered hydrocarbons (drilling still in progress) during the quarter.
BHP has executed a 15-year contract extension to its power purchase agreement (PPA) with energy provider... Read more
Rio Tinto has released its third quarter production results.Chief Executive J-S Jacques said “... Read more
Michelle Manook, Chief Executive, World Coal Association (WCA) has issued a statement on the World Energy... Read more
Superior Industries, Inc., a global manufacturer and supplier of bulk material processing and handling... Read more
As part of its environmental modernization program, by 2024 RUSAL, a leading global aluminium producer... Read more
As the North American economy continues its recovery, CN is pleased to announce that its people moved... Read more
FLSmidth has confirmed the signing of a definitive agreement for the acquisition of KnowledgeScape,... Read more
BHP CEO Mike Henry has announced BHP’s commitment to training and funding for 3,500 new Australian... Read more
The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) in the USA and 61 other U.S. agriculture stakeholders... Read more
RUSAL, a leading global aluminium producer, has announced that it has been registered as a new resident... Read more