- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
BHP’s operational review
(Posted on 18/04/19)
BHP has released its operational review for the nine moinths ended 31st March
BHP Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Mackenzie, said: “During the March 2019 quarter, we had a strong operational performance despite weather impacts across Australia and Chile. We approved Atlantis Phase 3 and now have five major projects under development. Those projects, our work on transformation, technology and culture, and our successful petroleum and copper exploration and appraisal programs will grow value and returns for years to come.”
- Production guidance for the 2019 financial year remains unchanged for petroleum, copper, metallurgical coal and energy coal. Iron ore production guidance decreased to between 265 and 270 Mt (100% basis), reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica.
- Group copper equivalent production(1) was broadly unchanged over the nine months ended March 2019, with volumes for the full year also expected to be in line with last year.
- Full year unit costs for Petroleum, Escondida and Queensland Coal are expected to be in line with guidance(2) . Unit costs for Western Australia Iron Ore are now expected to be below US$15 per tonne(2) , reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica. Unit costs for New South Wales Energy Coal are now expected to be approximately US$51 per tonne(2) , following changes to the mine plan.
- All major projects under development are tracking to plan.
- In Petroleum, the Atlantis Phase 3 project in the US Gulf of Mexico was approved and the Bélé-1 exploration well in Trinidad and Tobago encountered hydrocarbons (drilling still in progress) during the quarter.
Based on preliminary Census Bureau data, the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) has reported that... Read more
With the winter crop harvest close to completion on Australia’s east coast, GrainCorp is celebrating... Read more
Rio Tinto has published its 2020 Annual Report and its Sustainability Fact Book. These documents complement... Read more
Rusal, a leading global aluminium producer, has announced that it has been named the preferred global... Read more
Rusal a leading global aluminium producer, has announced that it has agreed to acquire the business... Read more
Rio Tinto, Paul Wurth S.A. and SHS-Stahl-Holding-Saar GmbH & Co. KGaA (SHS) have signed a Memorandum... Read more
The share of agro-industrial products in the general structure of exports from Ukraine in 2020 reached... Read more
Rusal, a leading global aluminium producer, has announced operating results for the fourth quarter of... Read more
Global crude steel production reached 1,864.0 million tonnes (Mt) for the year 2020, down by 0.9% compared... Read more
The Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC) in the UK believes that a ban on the sale and use of... Read more