- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
BHP’s operational review
(Posted on 18/04/19)
BHP has released its operational review for the nine moinths ended 31st March
BHP Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Mackenzie, said: “During the March 2019 quarter, we had a strong operational performance despite weather impacts across Australia and Chile. We approved Atlantis Phase 3 and now have five major projects under development. Those projects, our work on transformation, technology and culture, and our successful petroleum and copper exploration and appraisal programs will grow value and returns for years to come.”
- Production guidance for the 2019 financial year remains unchanged for petroleum, copper, metallurgical coal and energy coal. Iron ore production guidance decreased to between 265 and 270 Mt (100% basis), reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica.
- Group copper equivalent production(1) was broadly unchanged over the nine months ended March 2019, with volumes for the full year also expected to be in line with last year.
- Full year unit costs for Petroleum, Escondida and Queensland Coal are expected to be in line with guidance(2) . Unit costs for Western Australia Iron Ore are now expected to be below US$15 per tonne(2) , reflecting impacts of Tropical Cyclone Veronica. Unit costs for New South Wales Energy Coal are now expected to be approximately US$51 per tonne(2) , following changes to the mine plan.
- All major projects under development are tracking to plan.
- In Petroleum, the Atlantis Phase 3 project in the US Gulf of Mexico was approved and the Bélé-1 exploration well in Trinidad and Tobago encountered hydrocarbons (drilling still in progress) during the quarter.
Rio Tinto has signed Australia’s largest renewable power purchase agreement (PPA) to date to supply... Read more
Mike Henry, Chief Executive Officer, reviewed the Company's operating and financial performance:&ldquo... Read more
Khalifa Economic Zones Abu Dhabi – KEZAD Group, the largest operator of integrated and purpose... Read more
Australia’s two largest iron ore producers and its biggest steelmaker have partnered in their... Read more
The lithium market is experiencing a period of transition as demand growth slows and the industry adjusts... Read more
The top economist for the cement, concrete, and construction industries anticipates the U.S. economy... Read more
ADM, a global leader in sustainably sourced solutions from nature, has announced that it has loaded... Read more
Mineralmahlwerk (MMW) Hamm, one of the largest processors of mineral raw materials in Europe, and Handels... Read more
Dampier Salt Limited (Dampier Salt) has entered into a sales agreement for the Lake MacLeod salt and... Read more
The Aluminum Association in the USA has released preliminary estimates showing demand for the aluminium... Read more