- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
WCA response to IEA Report
(Posted on 08/04/19)
The International Energy Agency (IEA) released its annual Global Energy & CO2 Status Report assessing global energy consumption and related-emission trends for 2018.
The World Coal Association in a statement said:
- Our position on the climate and energy has always been clear – we support a balanced approach that integrates climate and energy policy that works towards a low emission future.
- It is essential that the fossil fuel industry works together to drive widespread deployment of low emission technologies - which exist and are commercially available today.
- As the largest source of electricity generation, coal will continue to be a critical enabler of development. For many countries, particularly in South and Southeast Asia, it underpins economic development.
- According to the IEA and other independent forecasters, coal and other fossil fuels will remain a major source of power generation into the future - still making up 75% of the global energy mix in 2040.
- To ensure that governments and communities which have identified coal as a key source of energy deliver reliability, affordability and security for their people, we must respect and support them in their choice and fund low emissions technologies, including HELE and carbon capture use and storage (CCUS).
- Our role as a global community is to support the Paris goals which requires a sensible and sustainable approach where governments and investors are working towards creating a sustainable low emission future.
thyssenkrupp has announced the sale of its Mining Technologies business unit to the Danish company FLSmidth... Read more
Rio Tinto has approved a $108 million investment in underground development to enable early orebody... Read more
En+ Group, the world’s largest producer of low carbon aluminium, has published its 2020 Sustainability... Read more
Rusal, a leading global aluminium producer, has announced that it will supply its plant Aluminium Rheinfelden... Read more
Rio Tinto and POSCO, the largest steel producer in South Korea and one of the world’s leading... Read more
BHP has announced that it has signed a Sale and Purchase Agreement with Glencore to divest its 33.3... Read more
Galena Asset Management, a wholly-owned investment subsidiary of Trafigura, one of the world’s... Read more
Rio Tinto has declared force majeure on customer contracts at Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) in South Africa... Read more
Rio Tinto, a leading global mining and metals company, and Schneider Electric, the leader in digital... Read more
Rio Tinto will deploy the world’s first fully autonomous water trucks at its $2.6 billion Gudai... Read more