- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
WCA response to IEA Report
(Posted on 08/04/19)
The International Energy Agency (IEA) released its annual Global Energy & CO2 Status Report assessing global energy consumption and related-emission trends for 2018.
The World Coal Association in a statement said:
- Our position on the climate and energy has always been clear – we support a balanced approach that integrates climate and energy policy that works towards a low emission future.
- It is essential that the fossil fuel industry works together to drive widespread deployment of low emission technologies - which exist and are commercially available today.
- As the largest source of electricity generation, coal will continue to be a critical enabler of development. For many countries, particularly in South and Southeast Asia, it underpins economic development.
- According to the IEA and other independent forecasters, coal and other fossil fuels will remain a major source of power generation into the future - still making up 75% of the global energy mix in 2040.
- To ensure that governments and communities which have identified coal as a key source of energy deliver reliability, affordability and security for their people, we must respect and support them in their choice and fund low emissions technologies, including HELE and carbon capture use and storage (CCUS).
- Our role as a global community is to support the Paris goals which requires a sensible and sustainable approach where governments and investors are working towards creating a sustainable low emission future.
Rio Tinto spends over A$15.3 bn with Australian suppliers(Posted on 20/03/23)
Rio Tinto increased its spend with Australian suppliers to more than A$15.3 billion in 2022, as part... Read more
Trafigura closes the refinancing and extension of credit facilities(Posted on 20/03/23)
Trafigura Group Pte Ltd., a market leader in the global commodities industry, has announced the closing... Read more
Nexyst 360 selects Nexxiot to digitalize 5000 grain containers(Posted on 07/03/23)
Nexyst 360, an innovative grain transportation solution provider, has partnered with Nexxiot to digitalize... Read more
Cargill strengthens executive team(Posted on 28/02/23)
Cargill has announced the appointments of Joanne Knight as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Philippa... Read more
SACE’s Push Strategy to support supplies of commodities to Italy(Posted on 24/02/23)
Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, has entered into a USD 500 million five... Read more
Job losses loom as British steel proposes coke ovens closure(Posted on 22/02/23)
British Steel has announced proposals to close its coke ovens as part of its drive to overcome global... Read more
Rio Tinto and Marubeni to create stronger Aluminium supply chains(Posted on 20/02/23)
Global miner Rio Tinto and Japanese trader and business conglomerate Marubeni Corporation have agreed... Read more
Trafigura completes acquisition of Ecobat Stolberg multi-metals plant(Posted on 20/02/23)
Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, and Ecobat, the global leader in battery... Read more
EUROFER welcomes ITRE report(Posted on 13/02/23)
Hydrogen is at the core of the green steel transition. Ensuring access to this scarce resource &ndash... Read more
Tata Steel sets up an Innovation Centre for Mining and Mineral Research(Posted on 08/02/23)
Tata Steel has established a Centre for Innovation in Mining and Mineral Beneficiation at the Indian... Read more