WCA response to IEA Report
(Posted on 08/04/19)
The International Energy Agency (IEA) released its annual Global Energy & CO2 Status Report assessing global energy consumption and related-emission trends for 2018.
The World Coal Association in a statement said:
- Our position on the climate and energy has always been clear – we support a balanced approach that integrates climate and energy policy that works towards a low emission future.
- It is essential that the fossil fuel industry works together to drive widespread deployment of low emission technologies - which exist and are commercially available today.
- As the largest source of electricity generation, coal will continue to be a critical enabler of development. For many countries, particularly in South and Southeast Asia, it underpins economic development.
- According to the IEA and other independent forecasters, coal and other fossil fuels will remain a major source of power generation into the future - still making up 75% of the global energy mix in 2040.
- To ensure that governments and communities which have identified coal as a key source of energy deliver reliability, affordability and security for their people, we must respect and support them in their choice and fund low emissions technologies, including HELE and carbon capture use and storage (CCUS).
- Our role as a global community is to support the Paris goals which requires a sensible and sustainable approach where governments and investors are working towards creating a sustainable low emission future.
Rio Tinto has released its third quarter production results.Chief Executive J-S Jacques said “... Read more
Michelle Manook, Chief Executive, World Coal Association (WCA) has issued a statement on the World Energy... Read more
Superior Industries, Inc., a global manufacturer and supplier of bulk material processing and handling... Read more
As part of its environmental modernization program, by 2024 RUSAL, a leading global aluminium producer... Read more
As the North American economy continues its recovery, CN is pleased to announce that its people moved... Read more
FLSmidth has confirmed the signing of a definitive agreement for the acquisition of KnowledgeScape,... Read more
BHP CEO Mike Henry has announced BHP’s commitment to training and funding for 3,500 new Australian... Read more
The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) in the USA and 61 other U.S. agriculture stakeholders... Read more
RUSAL, a leading global aluminium producer, has announced that it has been registered as a new resident... Read more
The World Coal Association (WCA) Chief Executive, Michelle Manook has welcomed the IEA Energy Technology... Read more