- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
WCA response to IEA Report
(Posted on 08/04/19)
The International Energy Agency (IEA) released its annual Global Energy & CO2 Status Report assessing global energy consumption and related-emission trends for 2018.
The World Coal Association in a statement said:
- Our position on the climate and energy has always been clear – we support a balanced approach that integrates climate and energy policy that works towards a low emission future.
- It is essential that the fossil fuel industry works together to drive widespread deployment of low emission technologies - which exist and are commercially available today.
- As the largest source of electricity generation, coal will continue to be a critical enabler of development. For many countries, particularly in South and Southeast Asia, it underpins economic development.
- According to the IEA and other independent forecasters, coal and other fossil fuels will remain a major source of power generation into the future - still making up 75% of the global energy mix in 2040.
- To ensure that governments and communities which have identified coal as a key source of energy deliver reliability, affordability and security for their people, we must respect and support them in their choice and fund low emissions technologies, including HELE and carbon capture use and storage (CCUS).
- Our role as a global community is to support the Paris goals which requires a sensible and sustainable approach where governments and investors are working towards creating a sustainable low emission future.
BHP’s Chilean operations Escondida and Spence, and Olympic Dam in Australia, have been awarded... Read more
Glencore and Evolution Mining Limited (Evolution) have entered into a binding agreement for the sale... Read more
Rio Tinto is investing US$87 million to increase its low-carbon aluminium production in Canada with... Read more
RUSAL, a leading global aluminium producer, together with KUMZ, has successfully launched the production... Read more
Driven by sustained market recovery and further progress in the implementation of its strategic agenda... Read more
Chairman of the Board, Ben Munanga and Chief Executive Officer, Mark Farren have announced that Kamoa... Read more
Ten of the world’s biggest global agricultural trading and processing companies have issued a... Read more
En+ Group, together with its metals segment, RUSAL, has published research that stresses the critical... Read more
Rio Tinto and Carbfix are partnering to implement a technology for capturing carbon and permanently... Read more
The Verein der Kohlenimporteure e. V. (VDKi) – the German Coal Importers association, believes... Read more