- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
Shipping launches new security resources for world fleet
(Posted on 04/07/18)
International shipping industry organisations, with military support, have launched a new website dedicated to providing comprehensive maritime security guidance to companies and mariners. Launched today, the new website www.maritimeglobalsecurity.org provides security-related guidance produced by the industry as well as links to other useful maritime and military security resources.
“In a world of increasingly complex security risks, it is essential that mariners and ships are protected. The new website will be a freely available facility where companies and mariners can access essential guidance and information to help them comprehensively prepare for voyages through areas of security risk,” the authors said.
The aim is to ease access for companies and seafarers to maritime security related information and guidance. Central to the website are new best practice guides to help companies and mariners risk assess voyages and mitigate against external threats to their safety. These are covered in three publications:
- Global Counter Piracy Guidance for Companies, Masters and Seafarers is a new publication containing guidance on piracy and armed robbery that can be used by mariners around the world.
- BMP5: Best Management Practices to Deter Piracy and Enhance Maritime Safety in the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea contains guidance for region-specific threats.
- The third edition of the Guidelines for Owners, Operators and Masters for protection against piracy and armed robbery in the Gulf of Guinea region is also provided.
All three publications are free to download and free printed copies of Global Counter Piracy Guidance and BMP5 will be available soon.
The authors are:
• BIMCO, ICS, IG P&I Clubs, INTERTANKO and OCIMF
The authors for Global Counter Piracy Guidance are:
• BIMCO, ICS, IFSMA, IG P&I Clubs, Intercargo, Intermanager, Intertanko and OCIMF.
Hydrogen has a crucial role in decarbonizing the world’s energy system, but uptake will be too... Read more
Columbia Aurus Ship Management will tap into the Indian crewing market to further consolidate Columbia... Read more
It would be a mistake to place responsibility for meeting IMO’s zero emission shipping targets... Read more
Bureau Veritas (BV), one of the world’s leading ship classification societies, Laskaridis Shipping... Read more
Shipping is required to face the complex challenges placed by the progressively stricter IMO and EU... Read more
AXSMarine, a leading provider of SaaS shipping software and data for Dry Bulk, Tanker, and Container... Read more
Columbia Shipmanagement (CSM) has once again pushed industry boundaries by creating a totally SMART... Read more
StormGeo, a leading provider of weather intelligence and decision-support solutions for the shipping... Read more
Survival Technology specialist Survitec has introduced a unique approach to ensure shipowners are fully... Read more
Shipping company Elbe-Ems has ordered a second Combi Freighter 3850 (CF 3850) from Damen Shipyards,... Read more