Polish Coal imports in 2018
(Posted on 11/03/19)
EUBALTICA, the advisory and consultancy company for Morska Agencja Gdynia (MAG) in Poland has supplied information regarding coal imports to Poland in 2018 and coal production in January, 2019:
Imports of hard coal to Poland amounted to 19.68 million tonnes in 2018, Deputy Minister of Energy Grzegorz Tobiszowski informed. The drop in imports is forecast only from 2019 or 2020.
Coal imports to Poland amounted to 19.68 million tonnes in 2018.
Last year, coal was imported mainly from:
- Russia (13.47 million tonnes),
- United States (1.53 million tonnes),
- Australia (1.47 million tonnes),
- Colombia (1.46 million tonnes),
- Mozambique (0.55 million tonnes),
- Kazakhstan (0.50 million tonnes),
- Czech Republic (0.36 million tonnes),
- the remaining countries accounted for about 0.3 million tons.
There is no published official amount of coal imported to Poland via Polish ports in 2018.
Below is EUBALTICA’s study.
Total amount of imported coal reached almost 20 million tonnes of coal, both coking for metallurgical industry and steam (duff) coal for electric power plants , heating plants and smaller heating facilities (gardeners) and of course size coal for domestic consumption 8-25 mm, 25 -50 mm, 25 -80mm…. .
Over 50 % was delivered/imported by sea via polish ports:
1. ÅšwinoujÅ›cie Port = ab.2,2 million tons (50% steam coal & 50% coking coal)
2. Szczecin Port = ab.0,5 million tons ( 100% steam coal)
3. Gdynia Port = ab. 1,7 milion tons ( 1,07 million coking coal &0,63 million tons steam coal and sized coal)
4. Leading Port in imports of coal Gdansk North Port -import terminal /Sea-invest = ab. 5,7 million tons (approx. 55% steam coal & approx.. 45% coking coal)
5. Gdansk Old Port (smaller sized vessels) = approx. over 0,5 million ton steam coal and sized coal.
The founding members of the Covantis initiative, which aims to modernize global trade operations, have... Read more
In his role as the president pro tempore of the US Senate, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, signed the United... Read more
According to preliminary calculations by the German Coal Importers Association (Verein der Kohlenimporteure... Read more
Rio Tinto chief executive J-S Jacques said “We finished the year with good momentum, particularly... Read more
The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) in the USA has announced a partnership with essDOCS,... Read more
Rio Tinto has awarded Perth-based company Mondium a contract valued at approximately A$400 million for... Read more
Cargill has reported results for the fiscal 2020 second quarter ended Nov. 30, 2019.“We saw very... Read more
Labrador Iron Ore Royalty Corporation is pleased to announce the appointment of Douglas McCutcheon and... Read more
Rio Tinto has started the process of resuming operations at Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) in South Africa... Read more
Pinnacle Renewable Energy has announced the planned construction of a new industrial wood pellet production... Read more