Polish Coal imports in 2018
(Posted on 11/03/19)
EUBALTICA, the advisory and consultancy company for Morska Agencja Gdynia (MAG) in Poland has supplied information regarding coal imports to Poland in 2018 and coal production in January, 2019:
Imports of hard coal to Poland amounted to 19.68 million tonnes in 2018, Deputy Minister of Energy Grzegorz Tobiszowski informed. The drop in imports is forecast only from 2019 or 2020.
Coal imports to Poland amounted to 19.68 million tonnes in 2018.
Last year, coal was imported mainly from:
- Russia (13.47 million tonnes),
- United States (1.53 million tonnes),
- Australia (1.47 million tonnes),
- Colombia (1.46 million tonnes),
- Mozambique (0.55 million tonnes),
- Kazakhstan (0.50 million tonnes),
- Czech Republic (0.36 million tonnes),
- the remaining countries accounted for about 0.3 million tons.
There is no published official amount of coal imported to Poland via Polish ports in 2018.
Below is EUBALTICA’s study.
Total amount of imported coal reached almost 20 million tonnes of coal, both coking for metallurgical industry and steam (duff) coal for electric power plants , heating plants and smaller heating facilities (gardeners) and of course size coal for domestic consumption 8-25 mm, 25 -50 mm, 25 -80mm…. .
Over 50 % was delivered/imported by sea via polish ports:
1. Świnoujście Port = ab.2,2 million tons (50% steam coal & 50% coking coal)
2. Szczecin Port = ab.0,5 million tons ( 100% steam coal)
3. Gdynia Port = ab. 1,7 milion tons ( 1,07 million coking coal &0,63 million tons steam coal and sized coal)
4. Leading Port in imports of coal Gdansk North Port -import terminal /Sea-invest = ab. 5,7 million tons (approx. 55% steam coal & approx.. 45% coking coal)
5. Gdansk Old Port (smaller sized vessels) = approx. over 0,5 million ton steam coal and sized coal.
If you talk to women in trading and risk management roles across Cargill, you will hear a range of ideas... Read more
Archer Daniels Midland Company and Cargill have successfully completed their transaction, formally launching... Read more
BHP has announced a US$6m equity investment in Carbon Engineering Ltd (CE), a Canadian-based company... Read more
RUSAL, a leading global aluminium producer, announces its results for the year ended 31 December 2018... Read more
Bühler Insect Technology Solutions, a pioneering provider of integrated solutions for insect rearing... Read more
Rio Tinto has discovered copper-gold mineralisation at the Winu project in the Yeneena Basin of the... Read more
The NGFA joined 59 other farm and agribusiness groups in signing a letter urging the US Congress... Read more
While Greek livestock and feed markets are developing slowly, specific segments, notably poultry and... Read more
The Mineral Products Association has welcomed the publication of the latest UK Extractive Industries... Read more
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies and a major... Read more