- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
Polish Coal imports in 2018
(Posted on 11/03/19)
EUBALTICA, the advisory and consultancy company for Morska Agencja Gdynia (MAG) in Poland has supplied information regarding coal imports to Poland in 2018 and coal production in January, 2019:
Imports of hard coal to Poland amounted to 19.68 million tonnes in 2018, Deputy Minister of Energy Grzegorz Tobiszowski informed. The drop in imports is forecast only from 2019 or 2020.
Coal imports to Poland amounted to 19.68 million tonnes in 2018.
Last year, coal was imported mainly from:
- Russia (13.47 million tonnes),
- United States (1.53 million tonnes),
- Australia (1.47 million tonnes),
- Colombia (1.46 million tonnes),
- Mozambique (0.55 million tonnes),
- Kazakhstan (0.50 million tonnes),
- Czech Republic (0.36 million tonnes),
- the remaining countries accounted for about 0.3 million tons.
There is no published official amount of coal imported to Poland via Polish ports in 2018.
Below is EUBALTICA’s study.
Total amount of imported coal reached almost 20 million tonnes of coal, both coking for metallurgical industry and steam (duff) coal for electric power plants , heating plants and smaller heating facilities (gardeners) and of course size coal for domestic consumption 8-25 mm, 25 -50 mm, 25 -80mm…. .
Over 50 % was delivered/imported by sea via polish ports:
1. ÅšwinoujÅ›cie Port = ab.2,2 million tons (50% steam coal & 50% coking coal)
2. Szczecin Port = ab.0,5 million tons ( 100% steam coal)
3. Gdynia Port = ab. 1,7 milion tons ( 1,07 million coking coal &0,63 million tons steam coal and sized coal)
4. Leading Port in imports of coal Gdansk North Port -import terminal /Sea-invest = ab. 5,7 million tons (approx. 55% steam coal & approx.. 45% coking coal)
5. Gdansk Old Port (smaller sized vessels) = approx. over 0,5 million ton steam coal and sized coal.
thyssenkrupp has announced the sale of its Mining Technologies business unit to the Danish company FLSmidth... Read more
Rio Tinto has approved a $108 million investment in underground development to enable early orebody... Read more
En+ Group, the world’s largest producer of low carbon aluminium, has published its 2020 Sustainability... Read more
Rusal, a leading global aluminium producer, has announced that it will supply its plant Aluminium Rheinfelden... Read more
Rio Tinto and POSCO, the largest steel producer in South Korea and one of the world’s leading... Read more
BHP has announced that it has signed a Sale and Purchase Agreement with Glencore to divest its 33.3... Read more
Galena Asset Management, a wholly-owned investment subsidiary of Trafigura, one of the world’s... Read more
Rio Tinto has declared force majeure on customer contracts at Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) in South Africa... Read more
Rio Tinto, a leading global mining and metals company, and Schneider Electric, the leader in digital... Read more
Rio Tinto will deploy the world’s first fully autonomous water trucks at its $2.6 billion Gudai... Read more