Polish Coal imports in 2018
(Posted on 11/03/19)
EUBALTICA, the advisory and consultancy company for Morska Agencja Gdynia (MAG) in Poland has supplied information regarding coal imports to Poland in 2018 and coal production in January, 2019:
Imports of hard coal to Poland amounted to 19.68 million tonnes in 2018, Deputy Minister of Energy Grzegorz Tobiszowski informed. The drop in imports is forecast only from 2019 or 2020.
Coal imports to Poland amounted to 19.68 million tonnes in 2018.
Last year, coal was imported mainly from:
- Russia (13.47 million tonnes),
- United States (1.53 million tonnes),
- Australia (1.47 million tonnes),
- Colombia (1.46 million tonnes),
- Mozambique (0.55 million tonnes),
- Kazakhstan (0.50 million tonnes),
- Czech Republic (0.36 million tonnes),
- the remaining countries accounted for about 0.3 million tons.
There is no published official amount of coal imported to Poland via Polish ports in 2018.
Below is EUBALTICA’s study.
Total amount of imported coal reached almost 20 million tonnes of coal, both coking for metallurgical industry and steam (duff) coal for electric power plants , heating plants and smaller heating facilities (gardeners) and of course size coal for domestic consumption 8-25 mm, 25 -50 mm, 25 -80mm…. .
Over 50 % was delivered/imported by sea via polish ports:
1. ÅšwinoujÅ›cie Port = ab.2,2 million tons (50% steam coal & 50% coking coal)
2. Szczecin Port = ab.0,5 million tons ( 100% steam coal)
3. Gdynia Port = ab. 1,7 milion tons ( 1,07 million coking coal &0,63 million tons steam coal and sized coal)
4. Leading Port in imports of coal Gdansk North Port -import terminal /Sea-invest = ab. 5,7 million tons (approx. 55% steam coal & approx.. 45% coking coal)
5. Gdansk Old Port (smaller sized vessels) = approx. over 0,5 million ton steam coal and sized coal.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) new proposed rule for regulating plant-based agricultural... Read more
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance, BMA, TAFE Queensland and CQUniversity Australia have announced a new multi-... Read more
Rio Tinto’s Resolution Copper project in the US has achieved a major permitting milestone with... Read more
The Portland Cement Association (PCA), representing America’s Cement Manufacturers, is pleased... Read more
Rio Tinto chief executive J-S Jacques said "We have delivered strong financial results with underlying... Read more
The President-elect of ABMEC (Association for British Mining Expertise), Paul Freeman, has a long and... Read more
Vale iron ore fines production and sales showed a substantial improvement in the end of 2Q19 with the... Read more
Rusal, a leading global aluminium producer, has announced its operating results for the second quarter... Read more
With the commissioning of a new facility at the Wintershall site of the Werra plant, K+S is now capable... Read more
BHP has released the world’s first bulk carrier tender for LNG-fuelled transport for up to 27... Read more