- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
IBJ Webinar free to view
(Posted on 26/08/20)
Dry bulk industry executives worldwide will be able to view for free IBJ’s first ever Webinar Covid-19: A dry bulk leaders perspective, on 16th September.
Launched in 1981, IBJ has an established track record of keeping the global bulk cargo handling and shipping industry informed thorough its magazine, e-newsletter/website and IBJ Awards. This years’ IBJ Awards in Rotterdam have been postponed until November 2021, so to bring the global dry bulk industry together, IBJ has assembled an exceptionally high quality panel for this Webinar, Covid-19: A dry bulk leaders perspective, which will focus specifically on the lessons learnt in the industry as a result of the pandemic.
On 16th September, collectively and individually the panellists will share their experiences around the impact of COVID-19 on their business and the industry as a whole. They will discuss the key issues that have arisen, initiatives that have been implemented, lessons that have been learned, problems on the horizon and possible solutions for the future. A wide range of topics will be covered during the 90 minute Webinar, highlighting, for example, the impact on the dry bulk shipping market in the short and long term and impacts on regional ports and terminals.
The webinar will include panel discussion and opportunities for online viewers to raise their own questions to selected panellists.
- Paul Pathy, President and Chief Executive Officer, Fednav Limited, Canada
- Sander Rijsdijk, Director, Bulk Cargo and Shipping, Port of Rotterdam, Netherlands
- H.K. Joshi, Chairperson and Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India
- Jan Dieleman, President, Ocean Transportation, Cargill, Switzerland
- Morten Løvstad, Global Business Director - Bulk Carriers, DNV GL, Norway
- Rajiv Agarwal, Chief Executive Officer, Essar Ports, India
The Webinar will focus on:
- The financial impact on bulk shipping and ports
- How have seafarer and dock worker welfare issues been addressed?
- Impacts on regional ports and terminals, now and for the future
- Will supply chains stay robust to prevent shortages of key raw materials in future?
- How have shipowners and operators generally responded to crew change issues across their fleet?
- The impact on the bulk shipping market in the short and long term
- How has new technology enabled the bulk supply chain to continue?
- What will the ‘new normal’ look like in 2021 and beyond?
Free registrations are on a first come first serve basis, so make sure you register now to secure your place by clicking on https://themaritimestandard.webex.com/themaritimestandard/onstage/g.php?MTID=e8ee737de2e4831d6a16dab9dd8ee079d
For sponsorship and advertising opportunities, please contact Ray Girvan directly at email@example.com
Thordon Bearings delivers support to wind power-in-a-box technology(Posted on 20/03/23)
Thordon Bearings is supplying its grease-free, self-lubricating ThorPlas-Blue bearing material to a... Read more
New Chairman and CEO for BIO-UV Group(Posted on 20/03/23)
French water treatment specialist BIO-UV Group has appointed Laurent-Emmanuel Migeon as its new Chairman... Read more
Anglo-Eastern enhances fleet performance with Wärtsilä’s CII tool(Posted on 07/03/23)
With Wärtsilä’s CII Dashboard, Anglo-Eastern is now able to make better informed decisions... Read more
Siwertell ship unloaders for new Chinese power station(Posted on 07/03/23)
Bruks Siwertell has completed the commissioning of two large-scale Siwertell ST 790-D-type ship unloaders... Read more
Green Ray project to minimise methane slip from LNG-fuelled engines(Posted on 28/02/23)
A consortium including technology group Wärtsilä has secured European Union funding to develop... Read more
Latest USA operator selects Siwertell ship unloading technology(Posted on 28/02/23)
Bruks Siwertell has received an order for a next-generation Siwertell road-mobile ship unloader from... Read more
Survitec’s pre-inspection delivers greater safety servicing efficiencies(Posted on 24/02/23)
Global Survival Technology solutions provider Survitec has introduced a new, formalised pre-inspection... Read more
Small propellor defects can result in increased radiated noise(Posted on 24/02/23)
The slightest deviation in the machining, polishing, and finishing of ships’ propeller blades... Read more
Bühler shows profitable growth in 2022(Posted on 20/02/23)
Bühler expanded its business and improved profitability in an uncertain and volatile business environment... Read more
Wärtsilä plans structural changes to streamline marine offering(Posted on 20/02/23)
Wärtsilä plans to further focus on end-to-end voyage optimisation and to move part of Voyage... Read more