- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
CSL releases Corporate Sustainability Report
(Posted on 16/08/18)
The CSL Group has released its 2017 Corporate Sustainability Report, detailing the company’s progress over the past year on a wide range of sustainability goals.
The report features CSL’s sustainability performance for the 2017-18 fiscal year and covers results and ongoing initiatives in the areas of governance, safety, environmental responsibility, ethics, the workplace, community engagement, and value for customers.
“Now in its fifth year of publication, CSL’s sustainability report is an important way for us to inform our customers and partners on how we measure up to the targets we set, what we have accomplished so far, and what we hope to achieve this year and beyond,” said Louis Martel, President and CEO, The CSL Group.
“Responsible business practices are the cornerstone of our values and operations, and they are what helps us build strong, transparent and trustworthy relationships with all of our stakeholders. Our approach to sustainability is embedded in everything we do and focused on ensuring the long-term success of our customers, our business and our industry.”
Notable highlights of the 2017 report include:
- The scope of CSL’s homegrown SafePartners program and philosophy was expanded to apply not only to safety of people, but to environmental responsibility and asset management as well.
- Although CSL experienced a slight increase in its overall lost time injury and frequency rates, the severity of injuries dropped by 48 percent.
- A continued focus on vessel efficiency and performance contributed to a 5.6 percent reduction in gCO2eq/tonne-nautical mile for loaded voyages compared to 2016.
- The ERMA First Fit ballast water treatment system was installed on a CSL Australia vessel.
- General waste recycling on CSL’s fleet increased by eight percent and incinerated waste was reduced by five percent.
- CSL was awarded an International Corporate Art Award for its collaboration with urban artists on the Sea Keeper fresco and was named the 2017 Ship Operator of the Year by Lloyd’s List Americas.
- Approximately 1% of CSL’s net profit in 2017 was donated to charitable causes and disaster relief.
The 2017 report was prepared using the Global Reporting Initiative’s G4 Sustainability Guidelines as a reference. The areas in which the report aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals were also noted.
To read or download the 2017 CSL Corporate Sustainability Report, visit the CSL website
Norden enters Capesize segment(Posted on 31/03/23)
In line with Norden’s 2023-2025 strategy to capitalise on the most attractive opportunities in... Read more
Maritime leaders to explore ammonia as marine fuel in US East Coast(Posted on 31/03/23)
American Bureau of Shipping, A.P. Moller - Maersk, Fleet Management Limited, Georgia Ports Authority... Read more
MHSS offers free support to seafarers affected by Turkey/Syria earthquakes(Posted on 31/03/23)
Although news teams might have moved on to other locations and different crises, for those Turks and... Read more
Oldendorff Carriers announces change of leadership(Posted on 28/03/23)
The board of Oldendorff Carriers, has appointed Patrick Hutchins as the new President and CEO of the... Read more
Swedish Club boosts management team(Posted on 28/03/23)
The Swedish Club is looking to the future with the expansion and restructuring of the Club’s management... Read more
Groke brings new situation awareness expertise to One Sea(Posted on 24/03/23)
One Sea has welcomeed Finnish start-up Groke Technologies as its new member, bringing additional expertise... Read more
ClassNK releases FAQs on EU-ETS for shipping(Posted on 24/03/23)
ClassNK has released “FAQs on the EU-ETS for Shipping”, an overview and necessary preparation... Read more
New AXSMarine tool helps users visualize CO2 emissions and CII(Posted on 20/03/23)
AXSMarine, a pioneer and market leader in the provision of advanced solutions for shipping professionals... Read more
Shipzero advances the decarbonization of logistics(Posted on 20/03/23)
Shipzero is enabling transport and logistics companies to create transparency about their emissions... Read more
Isle of Man Ship Registry joins INTERCARGO(Posted on 07/03/23)
The Isle of Man Ship Registry (IOMSR) has become an associate member of The International Association... Read more