- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
ClassNK Technical Journal published
(Posted on 02/01/20)
ClassNK has released the first issue of its new publication “ClassNK Technical Journal”, focusing on digitalization in this edition.
ClassNK Technical Journal is a comprehensive technical publication that supersedes “ClassNK Technical Bulletin”, a publication that was formerly being published by the Society, to better provide its technical knowledge to the maritime industry where innovative R&D and technical development are in demand.
The first issue focuses on digitalization, one of the challenges the maritime industry is facing, and includes articles containing the basic ideas of the writers from both inside and outside the Society regarding digitalization, cyber security, artificial intelligence, autonomous ships and more. It also highlights ClassNK’s general technical initiatives on the use of ROV in underwater surveys etc.
ClassNK Technical Journal will be distributed to stakeholders and also available for viewing on the Society’s website (www.classnk.com) under the “ClassNK Technical Journal” section. The Society hopes that the publication of ClassNK Technical Journal will contribute to the development of the industry.
The table of contents for the first issue is as follows.
- ClassNK Technical Journal 1st Issue / ClassNK President & CEO Koichi Fujiwara
Special Feature on Digitalization
- About Special Feature on “Digitalization” / ClassNK Corporate Officer, Director of Research Institute Toshiyuki Matsumoto
- Digitalization in the maritime industry / MTI Co., Ltd. Dr. Hideyuki ANDO
- Current State of Cybersecurity and Issues in Ships / KDDI Digital Security Inc. Mr. Kenji FUKUSHIMA
- The current state and potential of Artificial Intelligence / Miotsukushi Analytics, Pte., Ltd. Mr. Wataru IHARA, Dr. Olivia Quek (MIZUMURA)
- ClassNK’s approach to digitalization / ClassNK Digital Transformation Center
- ClassNK’s activities for Maritime Autonomous Surface Ships / ClassNK Research Institute
- Outline of Guidance for onboard use of Compliant Fuel Oil with SOx regulation from 2020 / ClassNK Research Institute
- Utilization of ROV for In-Water Surveys / ClassNK Research Institute
- Summary of damage in 2018 / ClassNK Research Institute
- Study on Design Loads for Fatigue Strength Assessments Using Automatic Identification System (AIS) Data / ClassNK Hull Rules Development Department
- Performance Analysis of the Ocean Energy Harvesting Vessel / ClassNK Renewable Energy Department
- Recent topics at IMO / ClassNK External Affairs Department
Columbia Shipmanagement (CSM) has continued its recent expansion by agreeing a strategic partnership... Read more
Recently launched OneLearn Global, created to provide modern-day training solutions to serve the maritime... Read more
Membership of the International Maritime Organisation is important for strengthening Jamaica and the... Read more
China Classification Society (CCS), the world’s fastest growing classification society, has been... Read more
Su Nav, the integrated ship management company, has established a comprehensive range of services over... Read more
Fednav Limited has announced that it has taken delivery of its latest Polar Class 4 icebreaking bulk... Read more
Frustrated by the lack of progress and slow pace of international efforts, InterManager has vowed to... Read more
The Isle of Man Ship Registry (IOMSR) has become the first flag state to formally back the Eyesea initiative... Read more
IoS-OP*1 has been fully utilized in the bulk carrier built by Shin Kurushima Sanoyas Shipbuilding Co... Read more
Despite the challenges of Covid-19, Morska Agencja Gdynia (MAG), in Poland, has performed even better... Read more