ClassNK Technical Journal published
(Posted on 02/01/20)
ClassNK has released the first issue of its new publication “ClassNK Technical Journal”, focusing on digitalization in this edition.
ClassNK Technical Journal is a comprehensive technical publication that supersedes “ClassNK Technical Bulletin”, a publication that was formerly being published by the Society, to better provide its technical knowledge to the maritime industry where innovative R&D and technical development are in demand.
The first issue focuses on digitalization, one of the challenges the maritime industry is facing, and includes articles containing the basic ideas of the writers from both inside and outside the Society regarding digitalization, cyber security, artificial intelligence, autonomous ships and more. It also highlights ClassNK’s general technical initiatives on the use of ROV in underwater surveys etc.
ClassNK Technical Journal will be distributed to stakeholders and also available for viewing on the Society’s website (www.classnk.com) under the “ClassNK Technical Journal” section. The Society hopes that the publication of ClassNK Technical Journal will contribute to the development of the industry.
The table of contents for the first issue is as follows.
- ClassNK Technical Journal 1st Issue / ClassNK President & CEO Koichi Fujiwara
Special Feature on Digitalization
- About Special Feature on “Digitalization” / ClassNK Corporate Officer, Director of Research Institute Toshiyuki Matsumoto
- Digitalization in the maritime industry / MTI Co., Ltd. Dr. Hideyuki ANDO
- Current State of Cybersecurity and Issues in Ships / KDDI Digital Security Inc. Mr. Kenji FUKUSHIMA
- The current state and potential of Artificial Intelligence / Miotsukushi Analytics, Pte., Ltd. Mr. Wataru IHARA, Dr. Olivia Quek (MIZUMURA)
- ClassNK’s approach to digitalization / ClassNK Digital Transformation Center
- ClassNK’s activities for Maritime Autonomous Surface Ships / ClassNK Research Institute
- Outline of Guidance for onboard use of Compliant Fuel Oil with SOx regulation from 2020 / ClassNK Research Institute
- Utilization of ROV for In-Water Surveys / ClassNK Research Institute
- Summary of damage in 2018 / ClassNK Research Institute
- Study on Design Loads for Fatigue Strength Assessments Using Automatic Identification System (AIS) Data / ClassNK Hull Rules Development Department
- Performance Analysis of the Ocean Energy Harvesting Vessel / ClassNK Renewable Energy Department
- Recent topics at IMO / ClassNK External Affairs Department
MCTC, the leading international catering and training provider, has issued guidance to galley crew who... Read more
Automation and autonomous systems have been key, and sometimes controversial points in the debate over... Read more
EuroDry Ltd, an owner and operator of dry bulk vessels and provider of seaborne transportation for drybulk... Read more
Norvic Shipping has announced that its Board ofDirectors has appointed Michael Fenger as ChiefOperating... Read more
Damen Shipyards Group has unveiled a Ballast Water Pre Filtration Barge (BWPF) to assist vessels in... Read more
Leading Classification Society ClassNK granted an Approval in Principle (AiP) based on its Rule Part... Read more
Survitec’s Marine Training Academy in Stonehaven, Scotland, has been certified as a recognised... Read more
The transition to low sulphur fuels has so far been smooth, thanks to the efforts of shipping industry... Read more
Flow Water Technologies has reported a marked increase in interest in its FlowSafe DCD 2000 Disinfectant... Read more
The technology group Wärtsilä has been selected to provide the complete system design and... Read more