ClassNK Technical Journal published
(Posted on 02/01/20)
ClassNK has released the first issue of its new publication “ClassNK Technical Journal”, focusing on digitalization in this edition.
ClassNK Technical Journal is a comprehensive technical publication that supersedes “ClassNK Technical Bulletin”, a publication that was formerly being published by the Society, to better provide its technical knowledge to the maritime industry where innovative R&D and technical development are in demand.
The first issue focuses on digitalization, one of the challenges the maritime industry is facing, and includes articles containing the basic ideas of the writers from both inside and outside the Society regarding digitalization, cyber security, artificial intelligence, autonomous ships and more. It also highlights ClassNK’s general technical initiatives on the use of ROV in underwater surveys etc.
ClassNK Technical Journal will be distributed to stakeholders and also available for viewing on the Society’s website (www.classnk.com) under the “ClassNK Technical Journal” section. The Society hopes that the publication of ClassNK Technical Journal will contribute to the development of the industry.
The table of contents for the first issue is as follows.
- ClassNK Technical Journal 1st Issue / ClassNK President & CEO Koichi Fujiwara
Special Feature on Digitalization
- About Special Feature on “Digitalization” / ClassNK Corporate Officer, Director of Research Institute Toshiyuki Matsumoto
- Digitalization in the maritime industry / MTI Co., Ltd. Dr. Hideyuki ANDO
- Current State of Cybersecurity and Issues in Ships / KDDI Digital Security Inc. Mr. Kenji FUKUSHIMA
- The current state and potential of Artificial Intelligence / Miotsukushi Analytics, Pte., Ltd. Mr. Wataru IHARA, Dr. Olivia Quek (MIZUMURA)
- ClassNK’s approach to digitalization / ClassNK Digital Transformation Center
- ClassNK’s activities for Maritime Autonomous Surface Ships / ClassNK Research Institute
- Outline of Guidance for onboard use of Compliant Fuel Oil with SOx regulation from 2020 / ClassNK Research Institute
- Utilization of ROV for In-Water Surveys / ClassNK Research Institute
- Summary of damage in 2018 / ClassNK Research Institute
- Study on Design Loads for Fatigue Strength Assessments Using Automatic Identification System (AIS) Data / ClassNK Hull Rules Development Department
- Performance Analysis of the Ocean Energy Harvesting Vessel / ClassNK Renewable Energy Department
- Recent topics at IMO / ClassNK External Affairs Department
The Finnish Shipowners’ Association has elected its new Board composition including the Chairman... Read more
InterManager, the international trade association for in-house and third-party ship managers, has appointed... Read more
The newly-appointed CEO of a leading support provider has revealed his vision to ensure mental health... Read more
Proper ventilation is essential to preventing damage to the cargo and to ensure the safety of the crew... Read more
The member states of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) have taken a further decisive step... Read more
The impact on a company of breaking sanctions, or even being perceived to have broken sanctions, is... Read more
Britannia P&I Club is excited to announce the launch of its new proactive online safety campaign... Read more
Outlook on the global shipping industry has changed to stable from negative as shipping companies&rsquo... Read more
Columbia Shipmanagement (CSM) has taken the issue of seafarer care to a new level with the introduction... Read more
METIS Cyberspace Technology S.A. has launched a new software module to tackle the huge challenges... Read more