- About us
- IBJ Awards
- Free Sample
- Contact us
ClassNK Technical Journal published
(Posted on 02/01/20)
ClassNK has released the first issue of its new publication “ClassNK Technical Journal”, focusing on digitalization in this edition.
ClassNK Technical Journal is a comprehensive technical publication that supersedes “ClassNK Technical Bulletin”, a publication that was formerly being published by the Society, to better provide its technical knowledge to the maritime industry where innovative R&D and technical development are in demand.
The first issue focuses on digitalization, one of the challenges the maritime industry is facing, and includes articles containing the basic ideas of the writers from both inside and outside the Society regarding digitalization, cyber security, artificial intelligence, autonomous ships and more. It also highlights ClassNK’s general technical initiatives on the use of ROV in underwater surveys etc.
ClassNK Technical Journal will be distributed to stakeholders and also available for viewing on the Society’s website (www.classnk.com) under the “ClassNK Technical Journal” section. The Society hopes that the publication of ClassNK Technical Journal will contribute to the development of the industry.
The table of contents for the first issue is as follows.
- ClassNK Technical Journal 1st Issue / ClassNK President & CEO Koichi Fujiwara
Special Feature on Digitalization
- About Special Feature on “Digitalization” / ClassNK Corporate Officer, Director of Research Institute Toshiyuki Matsumoto
- Digitalization in the maritime industry / MTI Co., Ltd. Dr. Hideyuki ANDO
- Current State of Cybersecurity and Issues in Ships / KDDI Digital Security Inc. Mr. Kenji FUKUSHIMA
- The current state and potential of Artificial Intelligence / Miotsukushi Analytics, Pte., Ltd. Mr. Wataru IHARA, Dr. Olivia Quek (MIZUMURA)
- ClassNK’s approach to digitalization / ClassNK Digital Transformation Center
- ClassNK’s activities for Maritime Autonomous Surface Ships / ClassNK Research Institute
- Outline of Guidance for onboard use of Compliant Fuel Oil with SOx regulation from 2020 / ClassNK Research Institute
- Utilization of ROV for In-Water Surveys / ClassNK Research Institute
- Summary of damage in 2018 / ClassNK Research Institute
- Study on Design Loads for Fatigue Strength Assessments Using Automatic Identification System (AIS) Data / ClassNK Hull Rules Development Department
- Performance Analysis of the Ocean Energy Harvesting Vessel / ClassNK Renewable Energy Department
- Recent topics at IMO / ClassNK External Affairs Department
Algoma Central Corporation has reported its results for the year ended December 31, 2023. Algoma reported... Read more
The Liberian Registry, the world’s largest shipping registry, has furthered its commitment to... Read more
It is well known that a healthy crew is a safe crew, and that the physical and mental wellbeing of seafarers... Read more
Fleet Management Limited (FLEET), the world’s largest third-party ship management company, has... Read more
Asian shipowners with vessels sailing to and from Europe are likely to face estimated emissions liabilities... Read more
VIKAND, the global leader in maritime healthcare, is providing V.Ships Greece with officer training... Read more
The Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) Maritime Administrator has awarded an Approval in Principle... Read more
Ambrey and Inchcape Shipping Services (ISS) have announce a strategic partnership aimed at transforming... Read more
Founded in 2013 by Stuart Ostrow, a Florida-based CPA and entrepreneur, ShipMoney set out to challenge... Read more
ClassNK has introduced E-Learning courses offered through its training and education service, &ldquo... Read more